2024 Goals

This is the start of the 3rd week of 2024. 


A recap of 2023 goals that i have set for myself.

1. Exercise daily by jogging 1/2 hour every morning to keep my energy up throughout the day.

2. Invest in Singapore Stock Market on Dividend stocks and S&P 500 ETF

3. Blogging once a week post.

4. Read a book every week

5. Learn Indonesian language 10 mins per day.


For the goals above, except for blogging once a week post, the rest i was able to hit my goals.

I was able to cultivate habits which i was able to consistently do throughout the day. 

For the first goal, exercise daily. After i accompany my daughter to the school bus, i go for a jog daily without fail. I started with only 10 mins of exercise and slowly work my way up to 30 mins of jogging. I'm able to clock in 5000 steps and above with the healthhub app which also gives me points. The points that i accumulate, i was able to redeem NTUC vouchers. So far i have redeem about $50 worth of NTUC vouchers. For my 5th goal, i achieve by doing the 10 mins per day after my jog as i need to cool down before i go and bath. 

For the 2nd goal, after each pay day per month, i will put aside money to invest in the stock market without fail. Looking at Reits and Bank stocks will be my target this year as i wanted to increase my portfolio allocation more towards the bank and reits in Singapore. For S&P 500 it is put on auto mode where every month there will be a fixed amount deducted from my SRS account to fund my investment in S&P> 

For the 3rd goal, i was not consistent, it can be due to tiredness, lazy. This year i will cultivate the habit of researching for topics to blog on finance during Monday - Thurs only 1/2 for the research. And during Fri / Sat / Sun to do write and publish my blog. At the same time i do research on financials and i can also gauge my understanding by publishing my blog and sharing with people. 

For the 4th goal, i was able to achieve easily as i love to read and by bringing my daughters to the library on Sunday. I hope to inspire them to do reading, checking for books instead of staying at home watching Tv. 

I will continue on for these 5 goals for 2024. Main thing to cultivate habit for my blog post once per week in 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Websites that Determine Intrinsic Value of Stocks

Several websites provide tools and resources to help investors estimate the intrinsic value of companies. Here are some popular ones: 1. **Y...